So, lately I've heard a lot of great things about these Enchiladas. I've had chicken enchiladas before but never Honey Lime. Not the best picture, but they were so incredibly good!
Honey Lime Chicken Enchiladas
Slightly Adapted from Six Sisters Stuff
1 pound chicken, cooked and shredded ( I cooked my chicken in the slow cooker with the marinade)
8-10 flour tortillas
2 1/2 cups Monterrey jack cheese, shredded
16 ounces green enchilada sauce
1 cup heavy cream ( I used Half and Half)
For the marinade
6 tablespoons honey
5 tablespoons lime juice (1 large lime)
1 tablespoons chili powder
1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
1. Whisk the first four ingredients and toss with shredded chicken in a Zip-loc bag.
2. Let it marinate for at least a 1/2 hour, but preferably a half day or so.
3. Pour about 1/2 cup enchilada sauce on the bottom of a 9x13 baking pan.
4. Fill the tortillas with chicken, and shredded cheese, saving about 1 cup of cheese to sprinkle on top of enchiladas.
5. Put tortillas in 9x13 pan as you go.
6. Mix the remaining enchilada sauce with the cream and leftover marinade (if there is any).
7. Pour sauce on top of the enchiladas.
8. Sprinkle with remaining cheese.
9. Bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes until brown and crispy on top.